Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Love One Another

I was listening to my favorite Christian band of all time, Mercy Me. They have a song that really speaks to me so much that I listen to the song on a daily basis. The song says: Call me crazy but what if we learn to love our brother for nothing in return? Oh how the rules would change. Reaching out to the ones who need help treating them as you first would treat yourself. Now that would be insane. It may just be crazy enough to work if we could only love. What if we somehow changed the world? It may just be crazy enough. Is it so strange to think that one day we will truly see everyone the same. Oh could we be so kind? To sing along when life's playing their tune and cry with them when their hearts are broken in two. Have I lost my mind? It may just be crazy enough. Have I gone mad believing love still has a chance?

 
The Bible instructs us about love through the following verses:

Dear friends, we must love each other because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born from God and knows God. The person who doesn’t love doesn’t know God, because God is love. God has shown us his love by sending his only Son into the world so that we could have life through him. This is love: not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the payment for our sins. Dear friends, if this is the way God loved us, we must also love each other. No one has ever seen God. If we love each other, God lives in us, his love is perfected in us. We know that we live in him and he lives in us because he has given us his Spirit. We have seen and testify to the fact that the Father sent his Son as the Savior of the world. God lives in those who declare that Jesus is the Son of God, and they live in God. We have known and believed that God loves us. God is love. Those who live in God’s love live in God, and God lives in them. 1 John 4:7-16 GNT

My prayer for today:

You have touched me with your love, God. The result is love flowing through me to others. I pray for everyone to know that you do not love us so that we can hoard your love for ourselves. You desire that we pass it on to others. By spreading the joy of your love, we improve the lives of those around us--and our own lives in the process. Amen.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment